Audio Video Technologies
AVT serves to amplify the University’s impact through the use of audiovisual and classroom technologies, working directly with administration departments and academic units to design intuitive, integrated experiences that are secure, reliable, and sustainable.
We seek to:
- Collaborate and consult on the most effective, accessible, and inclusive audiovisual solutions possible for all students, faculty, and staff
- Broaden the impact of academic and research initiatives at the University through the use of integrated audiovisual systems and classroom technologies
Share AV Guidelines, Best practices, and Standards through the development and growth of the AVT Community of Practice (CoP)
- Research and implement audiovisual technologies that are effective, intuitive, inclusive, and flexible for in-person and remote participants.
- Research, evaluate, and consult on the implementation of platforms, services, and technologies that offer a high-quality, low-friction user experience for students, faculty, and staff.
- Research, evaluate, and consult on implementation solutions that reduce administrative friction, repetitive workflows, and user confusion to maximize uptime and enhance collaborative environments.
- Consult on technology-enabled learning and meeting spaces to facilitate a culture of inclusiveness and collaboration.
- Develop a total cost of ownership model (TCO) for AV technologies that includes maintenance, upgrade, and renewal for academic units and administrative departments.
- Use industry expertise, benchmarking with peers, and evidence-based best practices to guide decision-making.
- Create and foster partnerships, communities of practice, and collaborations with key stakeholders on campus through projects, working groups, and professional development opportunities.